[vlc-devel] CDDA audio control - access plugin without need of demuxer

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Sun May 1 04:42:42 CEST 2005

The soundcard on my home PC seems to have gone so rather than try to
fix the hardware, I've filled in a little bit of support for using
audio control commands to play audio CDs. Here the audio goes through
the audio jack rather than being passed as bytes back to the computer.

Right now I've been using Read rather than ReadBlock and when a read
is requested I've been return as many null bytes as have been
requested unless we've hit the end. However this causes messages
like this:
  main debug: pre buffering
  main error: cannot pre fill buffer

Or this:
  ps warning: garbage at input

I could I guess dummy up some sort of buffer, but better would have it
not select ps or try to pre-fill a buffer. Suggestions?