[vlc-devel] mpgatofixed32 and codecs questions

Roman S Dubtsov busa at academ.org
Tue May 3 13:47:27 CEST 2005

Hello, I'm writing a little extension to current (as of 0.8.1)
functionality: begin able to choose what channel to drop when
transcoding a stereo stream to a mono one. I hope this topic fits
here...

What exactly I'm trying to do is to change transcode_audio_new
function in transcode.c to add extra filters into the chain that
would do the work (I'm going to use trivial_channel_mixer, which I've
extended to have "audio filter2" capability (just a copy-paste from
mpgatofixed32)).

The problem is that I dont get the way mpgatofied32 and encoders treat
the i_original_channels and i_physical_channels. I thought that they
should be treated as bitmasks, but it's not the case.

Moreover, mpgatofixed32 treats the stereo input as a single channel
and segfaults when its fmt_out.audio.i_physical_channels (or
i_original_channels, I don't remeber exactly) differs from
AOUT_CHAN_{LEFT,RIGHT,CENTER}...

Thanks in advance.

--
Roman S Dubtsov
xmms plays: The Beatles/(1995)Anthology 1 CD 2/(04)This Boy