[vlc-devel] Re: Issue developping a simpler wxWindows interface module with wxwidget 2.6

Steve MOREAU moreau at essi.fr
Tue May 3 15:41:31 CEST 2005

Hello,

Firstly, thanks to Greg for his pieces of advices.

I've finally reinstall properly my Linux and vlc, and I still have some
problems. However, as Greg said last time, I know from now on that it's
enough to copy libmymodule_plugin.so into the /usr/lib/vlc/gui directory
in in order to make 'vlc -I mymodule' to load it.

If my module correctly load, I noticed that embedded video which was
working with wxwidget 2.5.5, didn't work anymore with 2.4 (maybe due to
differences between these two versions). So, I tryed to erase all my
wxGTK2.4* packages and to download and to compile wxGTK 2.6.

After the compilation, I tried to run 'vlc -I mymodule' and it didn't work
anymore. Moreover, wxwindows module didn't work.

It is the same problems than occured to me before...

Finally, I erased 2.6 and put wxGTK-2.4 back, and now it works again.

I don't know why my installation of wxwindows is not clean. I don't know
what the wxGTK-2.4 rpm add to have vlc to work, that wxGTK-2.6 sources
compilation does not do...

Do you have any clue please ? Does somebody compile vlc after compiling
wxGTK > 2.4 and does not meet such problems ?

Thanks in advance

Steve