[vlc-devel] Something broken in mpeg ps transcoding and/or mpeg conversion as of 042905

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Mon May 9 03:22:23 CEST 2005

This one's different from my earlier reported error, the disappearance of
toolame without twolame actually being included in the Windows build.

I used the 0429 nightly, did a transcode from DVD to mpeg ps/mp2v/mp2a,
normal thing when I want to do a replication.

No complaints by VLC (no problems reported in the Message log), it appeared
to transcode, to the proper sized output file.  VLC itself plays the file
but it is a bad file in WMP (hangs it) and likewise blows up my DVD tools,
which report corrupt file.

I switched back to an 0323 VLC, did a new transcode, and the resulting file
was OK.

Something must have changed between 0323 and 0429, I'm not sure where,
resulting in the "bad" file output.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/attachments/20050508/209b1fb8/attachment.html>

More information about the vlc-devel mailing list