[vlc-devel] Re: guide for programstructure....

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Tue May 10 10:56:16 CEST 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005, Erik Damgaard wrote :
> Hi vlc,
>
> I am new to vlc. Just downloaded a snapshot of the vlc, and now my question is :
> Does there exist any document which describe the structure, flow,
> logic, standard used of the program.
> I have read the manual.pdf but it is to general.... you need to have
> knowledge of to many tecnics ( ts, ps, mp4, ...)

Well, there is unfortunately no complete documentation of VLC's
structure and API. However, some parts of the code are documented on the

http://developers.videolan.org/

website.

If some questions remain after reading this (and again, there probably
will), this ML or our irc channel (#videolan on irc.freenode.net) are
good places.

--
BigBen