[vlc-devel] Compiling on MacOS X tiger

Jean-Alexis Montignies ja at sente.ch
Tue May 10 23:30:44 CEST 2005

Hi,

I understand it's still a work in progress, still let me report this
problem:

I tried in etc/contrib ./bootstrap then make src.

It fails in compiling live with:

c++ -c -Iinclude -I../UsageEnvironment/include -I../groupsock/include
-I. -DBSD=1 -O -DSOCKLEN_T=int -Wall HTTPSink.cpp
HTTPSink.cpp: In member function `virtual Boolean
HTTPSink::continuePlaying()':
HTTPSink.cpp:110: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 'socklen_t*'
HTTPSink.cpp:110: error:   initializing argument 3 of 'int accept
(int, sockaddr*, socklen_t*)'
make[3]: *** [HTTPSink.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [liveMedia/libliveMedia.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** [.live] Error 2
make: *** [src] Error 2

I had a clean /etc/contrib and GCC 4.0 is the selected compiler.

By the way, I don't think my name still belong to the compiling
instructions in the developer web pages, it has changed so much
since :).

Jean-Alexis Montignies