[vlc-devel] Solaris 10.0 and VLC

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Fri May 13 13:17:08 CEST 2005

I guess what's weird about the error reported below is that it looks
like it is in the Makefile built by automake so it could be a "make"
issue or possibly a shell issue. The configure output seems to
indicated GNU make and the shell prompt seems to indicate bash 3.0 is
installed; these should be fine.

I have built vlc and libcdio on solairs 9.0 although not recently. I
don't have access to a solaris 10.0 box - the ones on the Sourceforge
compile servers are all Solaris 9 - and the other problem with the
Sourceforge compile farm that one doesn't have access to test CD-ROM
access. I've asked a friend who works at Sun if there are public
Solaris boxes, but I haven't heard back positively. If anyone knows of
a way to get Solaris 10 access for such code out, I'd be willing to
compile and test it.