[vlc-devel] Re: VLC translation to spanish

Javier Varela computerandmobile at gmail.com
Fri May 13 21:18:03 CEST 2005

Hi, everybody, I'm having the same problems as our catalonian friends
with the es.po (spanish l10n)

On 5/2/05, Rémi Denis-Courmont <courmisch at via.ecp.fr> wrote:
 > Le Lundi 2 Mai 2005 11:30, Xènia Albà Cantero a écrit :
 > > 1.There is some threads that appear in english, but we have translate
 > > it. Is this normal? What is the problem?
 >
 > What exactly remains in English ? only the logs should remain in English
 > if the po file is completely translated, unless you've left strings as
 > fuzzy.

Ok, those strings aren't fuzzy, they are correctly translated, but they
are shown in english, in the
nightly builds (putting the es.mo generated by poEdit as vlc.mo in the
"/locale/es/lc_messages"
folder) and now in the 0.8.2.test1 (.exe version):

-under the _File menu:
    Open Directory...
    Open Capture Device...
-At the "_Wizard..." window:
    "Back", "Next", "Cancel" buttons.
-At the "Open _File..." window, in "DirectShow" tab:
    "Refresh list", and "Configure" buttons, from both options: "Audio"
& "Video Device Name".
-the Options menu > Add Interface > (from "Mouse Gestures" to "Telnet
Interface" items, they are in english)
-the Options > "Extended GUI", "Bookmarks", and "Preferences" items
-the Options > Preferences tree (all is shown in english, but not the
info shown at the right)

This is a quick search for untranslated strings, not a "seek'n'destroy"
one...
So stay tuned... ^_^

Warm regards,

Javier Varela.