[vlc-devel] ./bootstrap script fails

Labriki, Fouad fouad.labriki at hp.com
Sun May 15 19:06:06 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to (gycwin) compile the 0.8.1 VLC relase (Win32 Cygwin
Environment)and facing the following problem. The  ./bootstrap script
fails with
following error message:
+ autoconf
configure.ac:213: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:684: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN

I made some search and found that there are some issues with automake
version 1.9 (which the version  I am using) and normally
the situation should be better with 1.8.X version. However I am unable
to get the automake 1.8.X version.

Could you please help.
Thanks,

LABRIKI Fouad