[vlc-devel] Re: Pocket PC Port

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Mon May 16 15:03:27 CEST 2005

Please contact vlc-devel at videolan.org.

Nikolay Iontchev wrote:

>Dear Jean,
>
>I am experimenting with VLC on Pocket PC. Can you provide some info about
>the current Pocket PC build? I was able to run the VLC on Windows Pocket PC,
>build vlc-0.8.2-svn-20050503 but I didn't find the sources corresponding to
>this build. Is it compiled with Embedded Visual C++ and how one can get the
>project files and the sources?

I do not know, there Gildas Bazin did the Pocket PC port and I did the
Familiar Linux port for VLC. However I think the Mingw32 gcc compiler
was used to cross-compile VLC for the Pocket PC operating system. So No
Embedded Visual C++ tools were used.

>The latest snapshot produces the following problems in EVC:
>
>plugin_id3.vcp does not exist

Packaging problem?

>Ws2.lib used in vlc project missing; project Ws2 file does not exist

Packaging problem?

>A lot of errors due to project settings

Which project settings? Visual C++ Studio?

>Project files for contrib libs missing

I guess that is normal because I doubt the VC++ project files are uptodate.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.