[vlc-devel] Finding a stream's video width/height

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Wed May 25 16:06:38 CEST 2005

Hi all, I'm trying to add a "resize to native video size" method
(commonly known as the "Video Size: 100%" menu option) to the Mozilla
plugin, and was wondering what's the easiest way to go about it.

Is it possible to find out a video's width/height via a variable,
i.e. using VLC_VariableGet and friends?  If not, I see the best
option as modifying src/video_output/video_output.c, so that it
var_Creates some new "native-video-{width,height}" variables that has
the original video width, and then adding a method to the Mozilla
plugin to query the vout object for those variables and perhaps set
the video size to 100%.  (Or perhaps simply return the video width/
height to the Javascript caller, which can resize it).

Does this sound like a sane approach, and have I missed any functions
that the Mozilla plugin can access to get a stream's width/height?

Thanks as always,

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save  <http://www.algorithm.com.au/>