[vlc-devel] Re: [vlc] Re: Pocket PC Install - No Go with vlc-wince-xscale-200505180454.zip

James MacLean macleajb at ednet.ns.ca
Thu May 26 01:14:10 CEST 2005

James MacLean wrote:

> Gildas Bazin wrote:

>>> Anything I can do to help :).

>>> Runs fine. I appear to now know how to make a small program for the
>>> Pocket PC ;) Thanks.

>>> -Wl,--major-subsystem-version=4,--minor-subsystem-version=20,--major-image-version=0"
>>>

>>> Doesn't run. Give the same error as vlc.exe :(.
>>>

>> Hmmm, I was actually expecting to see the opposite. That's really
>> strange cause VLC is built using the 1st set of options.
>>
>> Could you maybe put some MessageBox() debug statements along
>> src/vlc.c to see how far the code gets executed (if it does get
>> executed) ?
>>
>> --
>> Gildas
>>

> Just tried it with the same results ;(. Let me know of there is
> anything else I can do,
> JES

Just trying with the latest svn trunk. Took some hacking to get it to
compile, especially that it seemed to want links from
/usr/local/wince/cross../{lib/include} to /usr/local/wince/{lib,include}.

So I ripped apart vlc.c until my axim would at least load vlc.exe. I
found that if I cleared out everything in main() (except the return
statement), it loaded.

If I only added back in the fprintf(), it did not load.

If I only added back in the VLC_Create(), it did not load.

Not sure this helps much. Where should I head to from here to help look
further into this?

JES