[vlc-devel] [Patch] Link vlc with correct dts library

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:58:40 CET 2005

Hi!

Currently when VLC is linked against static ffmpeg and the ffmpeg has
dts support, VLC is linked against dts.a.

However it should be linked with dts_pic.a as VLC's own dts support is
too. Unlike dts_pic.a, dts.a doesn't work with shared libraries on many
arches, including x86_64.

Attached is a patch for VLC's configure.ac to check for dts_pic.a first
and use that if present. I'm not an autoconf expert, so if you know a
better way, use that.

Thanks.

ps. I'm not subscribed to the list, please CC me on possible replies.

--
Anssi Hannula