[vlc-devel] Pocket PC 2002 does not work, Pocket PC 2003 works!

David Eriksson twogood at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 3 19:57:38 CET 2005

Hi!

I tried vlc.exe from vlc-0.8.5-svn-20051103-0130-wince.zip on two
different Pocket PC devices with StrongARM CPU architecture:

1. An Compaq iPAQ 3870 running Pocket PC 2002 (Windows CE 3.0.11171)

2. An Fujisu-Siemens Pocket Loox 600 running Pocket PC 2003 (Windows CE
4.20.1081)

When I attempt to run vlc.exe on the first device I get this error
message:

"Cannot find 'vlc' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and
filename are correct and all the required libraries are available."

On the second device, running vlc.exe works fine.

When I buildt vlc and a hello world program myself using the the tools
referenced from http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/file/trunk/INSTALL.wince I
can observe the same behavior.

Any ideas on how to make the toolchain support Pocket PC 2002 devices?

--
Regards,
               -\- David Eriksson -/-

        SynCE - http://synce.sourceforge.net