[vlc-devel] Re: Problem while compiling VLC with QTE

j y yunjnz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 01:07:49 CET 2005

Thank you for your help.

I added a plugin after reading the document,
but after compile and run,
there is also no such interface,

while run with --extraintf qte,
the debug information:

main interface debug: looking for interface module: 0 candidates
main interface error: no interface module matched "qte,none"
main interface error: no suitable intf module
main vlc error: interface "qte,none" initialization failed

the step I added the module:
1. add a directory named "qte" under modules/gui/
2. just copy source code files in "qt" directory to the "qte" directory and modified a little code for compatiblity for the new version, and rename qt.cpp to qte.cpp, also edit the modules.am file for new module
3. add AC_CONFIG_FILES section content in configure.ac file for qte module:
modules/gui/qte/Makefile
4. run ./bootstrap and ./configure configure-options and make.
5. that's all, and I didn't find AX_ADD_PLUGINS in the configure.ac file.
6. run ./vlc -I qte -vvv, just run rc interface, run ./vlc --extraintf qte -vvv, shows the above debug information

are there any steps wrong? or do I forget some steps?

Regards,
Sean

Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> wrote:
j y wrote:
> Thank you very much,
> then, I want to add the qt interface now, what should
> I do?
> the code already contains QTE module, doesn't it?
It contains a qte_main module to run the application in QT standalone or
QT application mode.

You should implement a new GUI plugin for VLC in which you module_Need()
the qte_main module. Look into the developers documentation in VLC
source code under the directory doc/. Also more information is on the
Developers website: http://developers.videolan.org

Kind greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.