[vlc-devel] jni java bindings

Filippo Carone filippo.carone at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 16:59:32 CET 2005

Hi everybody,
 I'm the same person who wrote gcj java bindings, and this time I'm
writing java bindings using the JNI interface.

 There were a few problems to achieve this goal, since the jni
interface needs to be built as a shared library  statically linked to
vlc libs.

The problems encountered were:
1) i needed to specify both builtin and builtins on vlc-config
2) vlc-config outputs paths of builtin modules as relative, and it
seems this could cause trouble to the linker
3) to enable _pic.a version of builtin libraries the configure switch
is --enable-mozilla

Thanks to the help of the #videolan ppl all these problems were
addressed and solved. Now I can go on programming the JNI interface
making the player usable also with jit compilers (ie sun).

Cheers,
filippo