[vlc-devel] lip sych problem

serkan bozkurt serkanboz80 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 16:50:55 CET 2005

Hi to all,

I have a RTP streamer(liveMedia) that streams DVD's.
I am using VLC for playing RTP streams.
But I see that there is a nearly 1 second shift
between audio and video.
Is there a way for VLC for compansating this time
swift?
Is this a problem of liveMedia or VLC?

In fact at first 2 second syncronization is okey but
after 2 second I see

" audio output is starving (400915), playing silence"

prints from VLC debug and then synchronization
corrupts ..

Can we say that is the RTCP synchronization problem of
SR's.

I mean NTP and RTP timestamp values are not correct in
SR's.

Please write a few comments on this issue.

Best Regards...