[vlc-devel] Re: lip sych problem

serkan bozkurt serkanboz80 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 15:04:30 CET 2005

Hi Victor,

I have cancelled the RTCP part of the liveMedia and
now it seems that lip synch. problem is okey.
Doesn't this show that the RTCP SR's report are bad?
Because if they are okey than synch should be okey.
As far as I know RTCP packets are used for inter media
synch also.

Again I have a few questions:)))

For example think a RTP MP3(128 kbps) streamer(the
most simple one).
Each RTP packet has 20 ms data. So timestamp is 160
for each RTP packet.
We can say that for each 20 ms one RTP packet must be
sent.
But when the network speed slows down(jitter happens)
then what the RTP sender must do?
Sent it in a less periodics from 20ms?
(I think for a some time this period must be less then
the 20ms.
and this value is directly depend on the network
speed. In fact I am a bit mixed on this subject)

Please write your ideas about this subject.