[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r13443 (damienf)

Damien Fouilleul Damien.Fouilleul at laposte.net
Tue Nov 29 10:23:40 CET 2005

Gildas,

I thought about it, and IMHO the risk are not that great since:
1) the system settings changes are not persisted and only apply to the
current user (as per API call)
2) other VLC instances will find out that the screensaver is already
disabled (timeouts set to 0) and will not attempt to change those
settings again, nor restore them. Obvioulsy, problem is when the first
app quits, screensaver settings will be restored and other playing
instances will be affected.

As far as I can tell, the only critical problem is that VLC crashes
while playing video and do not restore the settings,but since they are
not persisted a simple logout or reboot should restore original settings.

Damien