[vlc-devel] Re: [malbach <malbach (at) free.fr>] PATCH: Allow spaces in filename for http interface + Cycles?through audio and subs tracks from the web interface

malbach malbach at free.fr
Thu Oct 6 19:09:25 CEST 2005

Hello happy people,

@Xtophe:
yes I'm AmiSyl on the forum, sorry I forgot to sign last email...
and my AmiSyl mail adress is dead :(

> Just as a detail, the ml is limited in attachment size so if you're
> able
> to put the patches somewhere online it's preferable.

ok, sorry for that, patch is now there:
http://malbach.free.fr/VLC_spaces_in_filename.patch

> There seems to be a small problem in the patch for macro.c. It say that
> the whole file has changed. Maybe it's LF vs. CR+LF problem.

Corrected
caused by win32 tests... (damn notepad :))

> Well anyway, we all have the same problem as in
> http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?p=39660#39660  page 3.
>
> I haven't yet had a llok at the patch but i'm sure between our 2
> or three we'll find the wise solution

Sure

I modified again to add a special function (MRLFirstWord) to find the first word
in the MRL from the ADD dialog box of the web interface, but to me that
may cause some problems, for MRL including options... As I saw in
modules/control/http/util.c the FirstWord function is used to separate
the filename from the options (used in MRLParse, in the same file just
below) but what are these options ? I don't know, and thus I could have
broken the code who takes care of them... if someone could lighten me :)

And also the way I use audio-tracks and sub-tracks cycling is not
really accurate, because if one of these commands is given before a file is
streamed, VLC crashes, as there is no test if a file is loaded or not
when the code is executed... I'm working on it
and I'm still looking for a way to give the final user (the stream
client) the possibility to directly select the audio or sub track that
it wants...

AmiSyl