[vlc-devel] Re: wxUnicode: no support < Win-NT/2000/XP

Damien Fouilleul Damien.Fouilleul at laposte.net
Sat Oct 8 19:43:46 CEST 2005

zcot,

when you compile wxWidgets UNICODE for win32, you will typically get
this warning during a configure
checking for main in -lunicows... no
configure: WARNING: Compiler doesn't support MSLU (libunicows.a), disabled.
Applications will only run on Windows NT/2000/XP!

in order to support older windows platform, the libunicows library needs
be present when wxWidgets is compiled.

it is available at:

http://libunicows.sourceforge.net/

in order to make it work on WIN9x/ME, one will need to install MSLU or
opencow.dll, available at the following links

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/handson/dev/mslu_announce.mspx
http://opencow.sourceforge.net/

Damien