[vlc-devel] Re: SuSE maintenance of VLC

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Sun Oct 9 20:27:33 CEST 2005

Le dimanche 09 octobre 2005 à 05:20 -0500, sl meyer a écrit :
> My name is Steve Meyer.  I have been using SuSE for the last three years and
> have just upgraded to version 10.0.  I have a programming background , but I
> have gotten away from it.  I am very interested in using this project to get
> back into the swing of programming.
>
> In the begining I will need a little guidence and direction, I await your
> decision and look forward to your assistance.

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your help proposal ;).

The only SUSE related thing I can see in VLC's development would be
packaging. We don't have any official SUSE packages at the moment
(although http://packman.links2linux.de/?action=377 has some unofficial
ones). Packaging is not directly related to programation, but that would
still help us ;).

If you're more interested in the development process, a lot is to do in
that field too. The best way to get implied is to com to our irc channel
(#videolan at irc.freenode.net). We are mostly here in the evening CET.

Hope to see you soon on irc,

--
BigBen