[vlc-devel] Re: kasenna ff/rw streaming so close now...

Glen Gray glen at lincor.com
Fri Oct 21 00:38:17 CEST 2005

On 20 Oct 2005, at 22:52, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Maybe it's irrelevant, but the Kasenna server often does crazy things
> when switching to from trickplay modes.  On one occasion, I had it
> jump forward several minutes when starting ff, and then jump back the
> same amount when resuming normal play.

Well, it's probably doing what you told it to do :). Remember, the FF
stream is 1/12th of the normal mode stream. So if you pause and then
issue the play with scale value 12 for the FF stream, and use the npt
start from the same time you paused at in the normal stream, you're
start point in the FF stream with well off (by a factor of 12).
You'd need to basically use the pause time and divide it by 12 to
start the FF stream at the approximate location of your normal
stream. Or at least that's my guesstimate of what I've ahead of me
once I get the stream decoded. Fun indeed.

The problem I have is to do with the decoding of the MPEG stream.
It's a different stream so I need to flush something to get it to re-
setup the stream params. What that is I don't know yet. I'd hoped
setting the i_pcr and i_pcr_start to 0 would be what I need, but
obviously not.

Thanks for the repsonse though, your the first bite I've had :)
--
Glen Gray <glen at lincor.com>              Digital Depot, Thomas Street
Senior Software Engineer                            Dublin 8, Ireland