[vlc-devel] Strings freeze for 0.8.4

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Tue Oct 25 11:27:31 CEST 2005

Hello,

We usually freeze strings at the time we release -test2. While we hope to
have test2 ready within a few days, there are still some problems (mainly
with contribs).

To save some time during the test2-to-final period, we decided to freeze
strings for 0.8.4 a bit earlier.

PO-files will be updated tonight (CEST), so if you have any outsanding
string fixes for trunk/, commit now or forever hold your peace (if you
don't to hold it forever, at least wait for 0.8.4 to be released).

I also would like to remind everybody that we are currently in freeze.
While this hasn't been said very explicitely, that means that only
bugfixes should go in, and intrusive / not backward-compatible changes
should at least be discussed.

Thank you,

--
Clément