[vlc-devel] Re: VLC and FSP

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Oct 25 12:40:02 CEST 2005

Le Lundi 24 Octobre 2005 19:47, johnny Laura a écrit :
> Hi everyone...
> I was searching a protocol to make VOD over UDP; but that support
> NAT.Well I found the FSP protocol (http://fsp.sourceforge.net/).
> Can anyone tell me if you heard about it???;..if not, it will be
> posible make VLC works with FSP?? and how???
> Thanks in advance.........

That sounds pretty much like an FTP service based on a non-standard
reimplementation of DCCP. Also I couldn't find any mention of NAT
friendlyness on the website.

Of course, that could be implemented in VLC, but given afaik atm no
other VoD server/client uses it, and it is not a formal standard
either, I'm a bit suspicious. VLC is crippled with many underlying
libraries. Adding yet another one might not be the best idea, and with
no formal standard, we can't reimplement FSP either.

If someone is implementing it, it's OK by me to include it, but I'm not
considering it a must have as is.

Sincerely,

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/