[vlc-devel] Re: xserve.videolan.org to be permanently terminated

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Tue Oct 25 21:44:09 CEST 2005

On 23-okt-2005, at 19:06, Brian Raymond wrote:
> On Oct 23, 2005, at 4:32 AM, Clément Stenac wrote:
>>
>> The response has been overwhelming and we have been able to raise
>> enough
>> money to buy a second-hand G5. We will try to have it setup to run
>> the
>> nightly builds.
>>
>> We still haven't decided exactly how we will buy it and we are
>> open to
>> any suggestion.
>>

> I missed the donations but I might be able to offer one up at an
> extremely low cost as my way of giving back. If there is interest
> I'll see what I can do this week.

We would of course appreciate such an offer. We are looking for a G5
powermac with digital audio output. If you have a good deal
somewhere, we would really appreciate it. I'm also calling some local
companies atm, to see if they have any (2nd hand) G5's at lower
prices. We have the money, but we would rather spend as few of it as
necessary of course :D

We need the machine in the Netherlands first btw. i'm not sure if
that might be a problem.

DJ