[vlc-devel] Problems with VLC and Darwin

Eduardo Martinez Gracia edumart at um.es
Wed Oct 26 23:40:15 CEST 2005

Hello:

I'm using VLC snapshot 2005.10.02 and windows contribs 2005.10.20
compiled with mingw. I have prepared some mp4 files with h264 video and
AAC audio, with hint tracks added with mp4creator. I use Darwin 5.5.1 as
streaming server.

When I tray to play those files, VLC doesn't render anything, and the
message window shows this line repeatedly:

livedotcom debug: suspect EOF due to end of VoD session

I have verified with a network analyser that the Range header in the
PLAY request that VLC sends to Darwin is this:

Range: npt=0,000-

instead of:

Range: npt=0.000-

Is this allowed? Only two RTP packets are sent from Darwin to VLC.

I have implemented a little RTSP server that works, more or less, with
vlc, taking into account this Range format with ','. But with my server
I get this warning in VLC:

main warning: clock gap, unexpected stream discontinuity

and VLC progress bar jumps to the start of the movie, although the video
continues. Can you suggest me something about what causes this warning?

Bye.

Quod scripsi, scripsi
Eduardo Martinez Graciá
Facultad de Informática, Universidad de Murcia.
Depto. Ingeniería de la Información y las Comunicaciones.
http://www.diic.um.es
Campus de Espinardo, 30071. Espinardo, Murcia (SPAIN)
Tlf: (34) 968 364666, Fax: (34) 968 364151