[vlc-devel] Re: UNICODE

· zcot · cutmancw at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 30 17:57:53 CET 2005

>From: "· zcot ·" <cutmancw at hotmail.com>
>To: vlc-devel at videolan.org
>Subject: [vlc-devel] Re: UNICODE
>Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:48:59 -0400
>
>any clue on what the problem is?
>
>would it be checking the gcc headers? that should be straight C headers,
>no?
>
>I'd like to be able to continue to work on this unicode issue..
>

>zcot
>
>--

ok, after using a newer set of headers, wx will build fine linking with
libunicows.

but, I used the static libs from libunicow and dynamic lib of opencow so
it's an error.. maybe types for one of the calls or something, but the
official ms unicows.dll produced the same issue.  And of course if you
remove any unicow.dll then it shows an error in that fashion so at least it
appears to be setup in the right posture.

so, next I see 2 possible solutions..

1. get the libunicows source to build the dll so it can be used instead of
trying to cross different(but supposedly the same) libraries.

2. get the opencow source(strictly a vc6 project) to build the .a libs to be
used for the static bindings.

my guess is that either option should not be too hard to accomplish, but it
appears that choice #1 would be more useful since the libunicows source
comes with a variety of platform ready makefiles and is already setup to
some degree for usage with autotools.

any suggestions for that?

I'm guessing it's a matter of a few linking opts or something but I am
pretty clueless :)

zcot