[vlc-devel] how to eliminate only decoder part of VLC

deepak deepak crdeepak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:43:47 CEST 2005

hi,
                     Iam deepak  working as an IT engineer.Currently
iam working on middleware part ( application ) which is related to
decoding and encoding part for our product.So iam
referring VLC MEDIA PLAYER API DOCUMENT.

since our product is having decoder chip which decodes all formats like
mpeg1,mpeg2,mpeg4,divx...etc  i have to eliminate  decoding module of
VLC then i should interface the input module i.e input layer of VLC to
decoder chip of our product and the output from the decoder chip
should be interfaced to frame buffer to get the display.

Currently iam concentrating on how output ( video, audio ) from the
decoder is given
to frame buffer by referring  VLC source code but iam little bit
confused,I need to know from which module  the decoded data is given
to frame buffer to get the display. I really don't knw which module i
should refer to understand the concept .Can u please guide me??? i
hope u consider my request.

waiting for ur reply

thanks
regrds