[vlc-devel] Re: default dvd/vcd/audio cd device (on windows)

Brian Robb vascy at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 23:07:49 CEST 2005

>Hum ... i'm having second thoughs. There seems to be a disc probe
>function when compiling with libcdio (line 694 in wxwidgets/open.cpp)
>... isn't that the same kind of feature ?

The patch is compatible if I understand it correctly...

/*
   Probe (find anywhere) a CD-DA, VCD, or a DVD.
   First try the device name that may have been entered for the "disc type"
   selected. If that doesn't work we try any device for the disc type.
   If that doesn't work, try looking for CD-ROMs or DVD drives. the
   disc type, device name and paramter ranges are set to whatever we find.
*/
void OpenDialog::OnDiscProbe( wxCommandEvent& WXUNUSED(event) )
{
}

Going by the comment the device name can still be specified,
and it'll look there first before looking in other places.

OnDiscProbe is only enabled if HAVE_LIBCDIO is defined.

Perhaps you could change where I had:

#ifdef WIN32
  // default cd patch code...
#endif

To something like:

#if defined(WIN32) && !defined(HAVE_LIBCDIO)
  // default cd patch code...
#endif

That way, it'll use my way if OnDiscProbe isn't available.