[vlc-devel] huge leak when attempting to play mosaic (libmpeg2.c/DecodeBlock)

Wallace Wadge wwadge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:55:51 CEST 2005

Has anyone successfully set up a mosaic playout? I get a massive memory leak
(as in 8% of memory gobbled up every second) when trying with 4 streams

Valgrind shows that the problem appears to originate from DecodeBlock in
libmpeg2.c. I've noticed that p_pic is being lost and thus also p_pic->data
but I'm unsure of the architecture of vlc (i.e. who is supposed to dealloc
that memory since DecodeBlock never terminates.

Wallace