[vlc-devel] Re: New win32 contrib

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Thu Sep 8 02:48:33 CEST 2005

Christophe Massiot wrote:
> contrib-20050902-win32-bin-gcc3.3.1-only.tar.bz2 on the FTP. It is
> identical to yesterday's version except it doesn't have any symlink,
> since some people have complained about this.

Is there a contrib file for a current gcc version anywhere?

The current cygwin-gcc is 3.4.4-1 from june 2005, and throws a ld error
when linking the libraries together. cygwin-gcc-3.3.1 seems almost two
years old and is not available as cygwin package any more.

For now I'm back to gcc-3.3.3-3 (over 1 year old), the oldest cygwin
version I can find. It seems to work for now, but I have to carefully
remeber not to update cygwin any more.

Cheers,

Udo