[vlc-devel] skins2 compiled in msvc...

Brian Robb vascy at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 10 00:02:08 CEST 2005

>The skins2 module only depends on libfreetype2 and zlib, so if you
>already link with them your freetype.lib must have something wrong...
>What is more the warning about "LIBCD" suggests a runtime mismatch
>somewhere (you are supposed to link with the DLL version of freetype,
>or at least compiled in /MD(d) mode, maybe it is not the case here).

It turns out the freetype library I compiled myself, didn't include
everything I needed in it.
I downloaded the prebuilt libraries from:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/freetype.htm

And it worked.
So now I've managed to compile skins2.

However in my compiled version of vlc there's no
Settings->Switch Interface menu...

So I can't change to skins2...
Is there a way to specify skins2 on the command line?
Like maybe: vlc --intf "skins2" ?