[vlc-devel] Fwd: Mosaic in Linux

Jason Berry jbeezo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 01:27:24 CEST 2005

I'm very anxious in getting the mosaic function working but am having
some troubles.  I've read the wiki page and have a few questions.

I installed the 0.8.2 binary in Mandrake 10.2 and I'm unable to view
the uyvy image that I made with it.  I made the image file exacty like
in the wiki and can view it just fine with imagemagik.

VLC doesn't seem to be able to detect the image type (see -vv output enclosed).
Same problem as: http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc/2005-06/msg00288.html

Since it didn't work with 0.8.2, I decided to try and compile it
myself with the older version of ffmpeg as suggested and ran into many
errors (not a linux expert yet).

What flavor and version of linux did you get this working under?  and
can you provide a little more info on the wiki for those of us who are
not linux experts?

Could someone send me a working uyvy file please.

Thanks,
Jason