[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r12702 (hartman)

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Thu Sep 29 14:44:48 CEST 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005, Subversion daemon wrote:
> r12702 | hartman | 2005-09-28 23:30:19 +0200 (Wed, 28 Sep 2005) | 3 lines
> Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/modules/demux/livedotcom.cpp
>
> * if a PTS keeps repeating for a while we assume EOF. This fixes QTSS VoD which VLC kept open after it was finished.
>   The limit i chose in Demux() is 5 loops of Demux() with the same pcr. It's based on nothing, but I assumed it was more safe then checking for a single repeat of a PTS value. That might be allowed in some cases????
 This may break h264 over RTP with livedotcom.
I think in the case of H264, livedotcom return one NAL unit at once, and
as one image contains multiple NAL unit they will all have the same PTS.
(You can have a lot of NAL per image, way more than 5).

 I think a safe way would be to check for same pts over a laps of time
(like 1s).

--
fenrir