[vlc-devel] Re: DSM-CC in ISO/IEC 13818-1

shilpa.ganatra at wipro.com shilpa.ganatra at wipro.com
Thu Sep 29 15:56:19 CEST 2005

I would like to apply trick mode (play, pause, Fast forward, Fast
rewind...) on MPEG-2 TS stream which is transferred to DTV on other end.

As MPEG-2 TS contains PSI (Program Specific information) and PES
(Packetized elementary stream) we can't handle trick mode like a normal
data. One day I read in 13818-1 Appendix B tell that using DSM-CC can be
used to support trick mode. DSM-CC will send the control(trick)
information along with the bit stream id's to the receiver

We have DTV on the receiver end. I am not sure whether DTV support
DSM-CC. That is whether DTV will Demux the control(trick)information and
apply the trick mode on the receiver end.

Is there any application or product which supports trick mode on
MPEG2-TS (may not be DSM-CC)? If yes, how it is applied?

Regards,
Shilpa