[vlc-devel] Re: xspf vlc patch

Julien Leproust julien at videolan.org
Mon Apr 3 20:56:34 CEST 2006

Hi Lucas,

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006, Lucas Gonze wrote :
> I am the project mom for the XSPF project, and I'm following up on
> Videolan ticket #535 "XSPF support"
> (https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/535).

Indeed I created the ticket but did not really take care of it as I've
been quite busy, so I'm CC'ing <vlc-devel at videolan.org>.

> I'd like to assist with that bug by doing QA on the XSPF module.  First, I
> can help validate the XSPF output by reading it.  Second, I have
> created a suite of testcase files we can send into the XSPF reader code.
> See http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/xspf/testcase/, or do
> "svn co http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/xspf/testcase"
>
> However, I don't have a running Linux box right now, so I'll need a bit of
> help.  I need a sample of the XSPF output to read, and I won't be
> able to help much at all with the sample inputs.
>
> Thoughts?  How's this all strike you?

This seems great, I can see the patch was checked in after 0.8.5-test1
release, and is included in the recent 0.8.5-test2 release, see here for
more info: <http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=18944> (I hope
you'll find the build for your platform ;) You'll be able to check by
yourself the output. Currently I hear it supports xspf v0, xspf v1 is
expected to be supported in 0.8.6, with <extension> used to store the
tree structure.

I'll check myself as soon as possible.

Best regards,

--