[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: Cross-Compile

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Tue Apr 4 21:47:54 CEST 2006

Yiannis yiakoumis wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I try to cross compile vlc, but i meet problems early in glib and gtk
> cross compilation. Actually, i try to compile atk dependency and i get
> an error that says
>

> /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
This is probably an Intel binary, which your ARM-linker/compiler cannot
handle.

> I use
> CONFIG_SITE=../ipaq-config.site ./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local/arm/3.4.1/arm-linux/usr --host=arm-linux

> for the configuration.
>
> Any help??
Compilation of GTK is off topic on these channels we only deal with VLC
related questions.

Maybe you should look at www.openembedded.org. They have a complete
cross-compile envirionment for building a rootfilesystem for various
embedded systems. (including PDA: zaurus, iPAQ, etc.)

Kind greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.