[vlc-devel] Re: Suse package maintainer

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Thu Apr 6 14:11:26 CEST 2006

	Hello,

Le Mercredi 5 Avril 2006 18:05, Ed Burzycki a écrit :
>    What are you asking for as a package maintainer? as I am
> interested.

We're looking for someone maintaining RPM packages for Suse, so that
Suse users can install VLC easily on their system.

Every now and then, someone offers to do just that, then we never ever
hear from him/her. Presumably, (s)he realizes packaging software is not
so trivial, particularly not VLC. It namely has quite a lot of
dependencies, many of which might not be readily available on a given
Linux distribution.

Regards,

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/