[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r15125 (dionoea)

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Sat Apr 8 00:24:31 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006, Antoine Cellerier wrote:
> People didn't like the fact that it couldn't be disabled or changed.
> The only alternative solution would be to enable one instance mode by
> default in VLC preferences. I remember that no one wanted to do that
> last time i suggested (or commited) it. If people changed their minds
> since i'd of course be glad to put one instance mode by default in the
> prefs.

Could someone remind me what is wrong with changing the default value of
the --one-instance option to true?

I find it ridiculous to add 2 new options, and i find it ridiculous as
well to be the only player with several instances by default on Windows.
If it's only a matter of changing the habits of some people, do we
really care? It will still be possible to get the old behaviour back by
changing the preferences, so it's really not a big deal in my opinion.
--
Ipkiss