[vlc-devel] Re: vlc does not play streaming (liveMedia).

Juan Antonio Martinez Navarro juanantonio at dif.um.es
Thu Apr 20 10:51:38 CEST 2006

Hello

El jue, 30-03-2006 a las 23:56 -0800, Ross Finlayson escribió:
> >I've installed VLC on a Zaurus SL-C3100 with liveMedia for streaming
> >support.
> >
> >In a machine I run a streaming server and in my Zaurus, with VLC I run
> >vlc rtsp://MyIP/Session.
> >
> >All the rtsp traffic is made, The client open a socket UDP in a port
> >determined in the session. Testing with netstat I see that it received
> >the RTP traffic in this port. But VLC does not call the function
> >StreamRead in any moment.
>
> Those symptoms suggest that perhaps "select()" might not be working
> properly on your Zaurus.  I suggest checking whether the function
> "MultiFramedRTPSource::networkReadHandler()" (in
> "liveMedia/MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp") ever gets called.  If it
> doesn't - and you're sure that you really do have incoming RTP
> packets - then check whether the call to "select()" in
> "BasicUsageEnvironment/BasicTaskScheduler.cpp" ever returns a value >
> 0.  If it doesn't, then this suggests that "select()" is not working
> properly, and there is something wrong with your port of the LIVE555
> Streaming Media code.
I've checked the first function (networkReadHandler) and is never
called. But the function select in BasicTaskScheduler.cpp is called and
returns a value > 0.

Could you tell me, how does the interface between liveMedia and Vlc
work? or Could you help me telling where can I find that?

thanks

--
Juan Antonio Martínez Navarro <juanantonio at dif.um.es>
Departamento de Ingeniería de la Información y las Comunicaciones