[vlc-devel] Re: DVB-H

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Wed Apr 26 12:25:33 CEST 2006

Le Mercredi 26 Avril 2006 11:47, Lukasz Kondrad a écrit :
> I am writing a extension to VLC media player which will allow recive
> DVB-H signal. I had read the source of VLC so many days. I want to
> modify transport stream (ts.c) demultipexer. I have alread written a
> part which separates mpe sections, now I have a problem to which
> module send the IP datagrams.
> Because the IP address is map to the MAC address that 2 last bytes, I
> was thinking to skip the IP header and send udp datagrams to the
> access udp. Is it possible, or my thinking is worng.

I assume you are doing DVB over IP... If you want to demultiplex DVB
data within UDP/IP packets, you can use the udp access, so long as you
pass the IP packets to the kernel IP stack, and you know the UDP port
numbers at stake.

Is there any particular reason why do you would want to process layer-3
IP packets in VLC/userland?

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/