[vlc-devel] ALSA Patch

Erik Wilson alphamerik at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 06:22:11 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am new to this submitting a patch thing, so please be kind.  I tried
to find a more official route to go but wasn't able to find a way to
submit a bug/feature request on https://trac.videolan.org/.

The purpose of this patch is to allow a user to select a default
"Audio Device" when using ALSA.  I am setting up a HPC and need 5.1 to
be the default for me, as I won't be able to easily change it with a
remote.  I couldn't find a setting for this anywhere, please tell me
if this is superfulous.  Thanks to everyone who has worked on VLC, it
is great!

 --erik