[vlc-devel] Re: Audioscrobbler plugin, 1st draft

Rafaël Carré rafael.carre at wanadoo.fr
Sun Aug 13 22:30:04 CEST 2006

Le dimanche 13 août 2006 à 11:54 +0200, Kenneth Østby a écrit :
> Hi
>
> On 8/13/06, Rafaël Carré <rafael.carre at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>         Hi,
>
>         I made some work and I'd like to show it to you
>
>         What is missing now is communication with audioscrobbler's
>         server, audioscrobbler protocol advice to use the
>         cross-platform libcurl: can I link the plugin with it, or
>         should I use internals vlc's socket functions ?
>

> I've did some playing with audioscrobbler a couple of weeks ago, but
> started on the audioscrobbler part instead. I know it isn't much but
> I'll attach the code for you to see , maybe it can help you out.
>
> Just let me know if you need any help hacking this on :)

Thanks for your code, i integrated it to what i had started, but some
things still are missing for the plugin to work correctly.

Would you be interested into working again on this plugin ?

It was very helpful, but for now I don't have so much time to work on
it, i'm planning to work on it later.

What's missing is:
	Parse the server's handshake's answer for errors, md5 challenge and
submit url (does the server's answer always fit in 1024 bytes ?, should
we present error messages to the user in a graphical way ?)
	Hash the user's password with md5 (easy)
	Code the function to submit songs to audioscrobbler (need to know how
to implement timers if INTERVAL is > 0)

Rafaël Carré