[vlc-devel] Re: "Video acquisition" input support for FreeBSD, BT848, bktr

martin.baum at berlin.de martin.baum at berlin.de
Fri Aug 18 17:00:31 CEST 2006

Hi.

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:05:05 +0300, "Rémi Denis-Courmont"
<rem at videolan.org> wrote:

> Adding it to the todo list is one thing. But unless someone uses FreeBSD
> and has a TV card, I can hardly imagine this being done; and I'd rather
> not someone puts completely untested code either.

Yes, I understand. I don't know, how intensive the vlc developers work
on vlc, today. And realy nobody of there have interest on this missing
feature in FreeBSD? Programming this missing code make much more fun, if
you used this featurer for you self, I know. But to install a FreeBSD on
an old box with an old TV card, is feasible. And someone, who know much
more about the vlc-code and easier understand the code from xawtv (which
support FreeBSD) such as, can easier develop this code.

So, realy nobody will do it, you don't need it to added this to the
todo-list. But if the vlc team would like to added this feature, it can
also added to a todo-list/roadmap and someone must be install FreeBSD.

Martin