[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r18263 (md)

Marian Durkovic md at bts.sk
Mon Dec 4 16:16:53 CET 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 04:05:20PM +0100, Christophe Mutricy wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 06 at 15:29 +0100, Subversion daemon wrote:
> > r18263 | md | 2006-12-04 15:29:09 +0100 (Mon, 04 Dec 2006) | 2 lines
> > Changed paths:
> >    M /branches/0.8.6/src/misc/vlm.c
> >
> > Backport VLM quoting changes from trunk (closes #816)
>
> If i understand well, it changes the way the command ine is parsed in
> VLM (to a more reasonnable one).
> I'm not sure how much testing has been done on that and if it wise so
> close to the release ( or even on relese day)
> thedj, your opinion ?

Hi Xtophe,

  I've tested this extensively in the last two days. Without these
backports, usability of VLM on Win32 is quite limited, with some parts
like VLM wx panel being completely non-functional.

  However, there seems to be a serious issue with HTTP interface (#880)
which is reproducible on my local build and the latest nightly as well.
As far as I can tell svn rev 18177 does not have this problem. I'm
just trying a completely fresh build in order to avoid possible build-system
error, so please don't make a release until I have more info about this.

	Thanks & kind regards,

		M.