[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r18267 (damienf)

Damien Fouilleul Damien.Fouilleul at laposte.net
Mon Dec 4 23:33:21 CET 2006

Antoine Cellerier wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2006, Subversion daemon wrote:
>
>> - mozilla: better cleanup on uninstall
>>

> Since 0.8.5 the NSIS installer is supposed to keep track of all the
> files it installs (See UninstallLog in the NSIS source) so we don't have
> to add a list of files to delete. Shouldn't that feature be used instead
> of the list you mantained? (or fixed if it didn't work as I planed)

That's true for files installed by the installer in VLC folder, but the
mozilla plugin files and libvlc.dll were 'manually' copied to firefox
plugins folder, and i don't think the NSIS uninstaller keep track of
them (tell me if I'm wrong); and i have also added that stuff to the
uninstaller to actually remove old files that previous uninstaller
didn't remove.
Moreover, the dlls (npvlc.dll, axvlc.dll) can be still in use by a
either Firefox or IE program (even though the plugin is no longer
rendered in a current page) when the uninstaller is running. It seems to
give up on those files because they are locked, and leave them there.

At least by specifying /REBOOTOK (i don't think this option is on by
default, may be that's what's missing), the uninstaller will remove them
on the next reboot.

Damien