[vlc-devel] Re: Proposal for automatic check for updates

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Tue Dec 5 18:51:02 CET 2006

Hello,

On Mon, Dec 04, 06 at 23:21 -0800, Vladimir Potapov wrote:

> 2. The program was modified in such a way that it automatically checks
> for updates on startup. This check  done in a separate thread and does
> not affect the main course of  execution. If a new update is available
> then the window with available updates is displayed.
>
> This feature  was tested and  used for  several months in  Windows and
> Linux in wxWidgets and Skins2 GUI without a problem.
>
> Is this feature desirable for the  VLC community? If yes what would be
> the best way to contribute the code to the VLC project?

Features are always welcome on the ;ailing list. After we decide if we
want to inegrate it inside vlc or , if not, it's good to keep the patch
in the archives if other users look for this feature or if we change our
opinion.

The best way to submit changes is to send a patch against the current
svn using the "svn diff" command. If you don't use svn, you can do "diff
-Naur original_tree changed_tree".

Regards,

--
Xtophe