[vlc-devel] Re: Proposal for a common D-Bus interface for media players

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Dec 7 06:21:33 CET 2006

I've stayed quiet because my DBus technical knowledge is only at a very high
level; however, if this kind of suggestion can be implemented, I also think
it makes a whole lot of sense.

It would also seem (the rest of this following from my assumption above) like
in most cases you'd want all the generic, common functions in your own player
object as well since they'd be a group of basic and useful functions.  So in
general it seems like implementing the common interface shouldn't be much
more difficult than implementing a player-specific DBus interface anyways
(you could probably easily alias the generic functions to the same functions
in the specific player object (or vice-versa) just by calling one from the
other).  The hard part should only be figuring out *which* calls should be
common.

--Jeff