[vlc-devel] Compiling with visual studio 2005

Mortisandraco scrawler at linuxwaves.com
Thu Dec 21 11:56:06 CET 2006

Hi,

I've downloaded the sources and started to make project files for visual studio 2005. At the moment I'm able to compile libvlc, vlc, and the wxwidgets plugin. When I run it the window comes up and the menu's appear to work (so the plugin loading also works). I was wondering if you guys would be interested in the project files and what code changes I had to do to make it work.

For example, in libvlc there are a couple of times you used something like:
void foo(int i)
{
 char array[i];

I need to look it up but I don't think that's possible in the c standard. Currently I'm at the download limit of my provider so I can't download cygwin to check with gcc (--pedantic IIRC). I changed the code to
char* array = malloc(i * sizeof(char));
..
free(array);

etc, all are relatively minor issues.

Let me know what you guys think about it.